Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Month In...

Greetings!

 

Well it's been exactly one month since I landed in Johannesburg, but it feels like I've been here much longer. I've managed to stay pretty busy, especially given the fact that I don't really have a specific role or title with J-Life; since I'm not starting training with them until January. I've been doing some work for them in Access building a contact management database, and I've been asked to create a template in MS Publisher so they can start doing monthly newsletters... after that I'm supposed to start work on a marketing plan.. anyone have Dr. Cox's email address? Ha. Other than J-Life I've been busy helping my Dad fix stuff up around the house and as of last week I'm an assistant soccer coach with Upward (yeah, soccer) and it's all been great.

 

As I said previously, the country and weather have been beautiful. It gets down to around 35 or 40 at night and up to 70 - 80 during the day, and over the last month I haven't seen a single cloud. Pictures to come, promise.

 

I had a dozen other things I wanted to write about but I've forgotten them all, sorry.

 

And for those of you who have asked, the mailing address is:

 

Postnet Suite 507

Private Bag H607

Heidelberg 1438

South Africa

 

Oh, and I learned this week that I may get to go to Zimbabawe later this month for about 10 days. I'll keep you posted as things develop.

 

Thank you for your prayers!

 

Andrew

No comments: